Who am I?
Hello, my name is Joy.
I have been very fortunate in my career to have had amazing opportunities to work for very large well known companies like The Walt Disney Company, Sparkletts Water, Karen Kane and Citizens of Humanity among other less iconic companies as either as contracted technical support or as a direct employee supporting IT infrastructure and in diverse rolls like Help Desk, Field and Hardware Repair Technician, Senior Systems Administrator, Web Master, Graphics Artist, 3D Printer/Maker to Programmer & Business Owner and everything between! 😛
What do I do?
My professional experiences have allowed me to develop an in depth knowledge of technology and how businesses leverage both software and hardware systems to achieve their goals.
Throughout my career I have had to develop and deploy off the shelf as well as custom solutions which has allowed me to grow my skill set so that am able to build functional, proof of concept cross-platform software prototypes very rapidly!
Additionally I leverage my years of experience both working with and evaluating technology to provide my opinion in the form of commentary on various products that I like or that I think my followers can benefit from.
Some examples of my technical commentary include:
- The Impending Death of the Programmer
- Exciting KikAppTools New
- PHP Mobile App Development
- Can you ditch your desktop for an Android touch device?
Some examples of tutorials I have posted include:
- A Chaos Game
- Machine Learning from a Database
- PHP, HTML & CSS – Magic 8 Ball
- Getting started with Neural Networks
- Lets teach AI how to read using PHP
These works are free and publicly available to anyone and there is no cost to simply follow me to gain access to them, however I do ask that if you like something I create please share it with others on social media.
I do my best to coordinate all my content through this blog and I freely host code over on my GitHub account for my followers as well.
Additionally I have a Patreon profile where my followers can support me financially and they receive a few extra benefits. Before discussing that though I would like to explain why I am using Patreon over other methods of content distribution and supporter payment management.
I chose Patreon as a community organizing and content delivery platform because it allows me to distribute my software and content in a way that people are already familiar with and comfortable using. Additionally, while their service isn’t free to the content creator, they only charge me based on any generated profits which means that I don’t have to worry about paying them (losing money) while trying to grow my audience.
Of course it is more costly then simply using PayPal and creating a membership site myself but I look at the extra expense as the cost of using their services. I am willing to pay a slightly higher premium if it allows me to focus on content creation and development. In the end, my supporters benefit the most because they receive more content and of a higher quality.
Why support me?
As I said my supporters get access to my paid premium content. This content usually takes the form of expanding on the ideas and projects I blog about to illustrate the concept using a real world example or prototype.
Some examples of my Prototypes include:
A Geek Sneak Peak 😛
The list of software available to my supporters will continue to grow and reflect their needs and my interests.
I like making functional tools that actually accomplish something or solve real problems, but I can also make games if that is what my audience would prefer.
Supporters – are people who like my public content and want to support my efforts.
$1 a month Supporters Enjoy:
- Access to any Patreon-only posts, or messages I publish on Patreon
- Your name listed as a Patreon Supporter on my sponsors page, posts and anywhere else that it is relevant to list and thank my supporters.
- The satisfaction of knowing you are helping me develop free and awesome software and other content!
- Access to all the public content I publish here on my blog & github and any other venue where I publish public content.
- Suggest projects you would like me to work on.
Users – are people who want access to use all the closed source software I create and publish to Patreon. This is software as a service, I am your developer, what can I build to make your world a better place?
$5 a month Users Enjoy:
- All the benefits Supporters enjoy.
- Access to use the closed source software and content I publish to Patreon.
- The ability to request features be added to the software you like.
Developers – are people looking to learn to code and build products or simply looking for a prototype. They get access to the closed source code of the software I release on Patreon so they can develop from my prototypes.
$25 a month Developers Enjoy:
- All the benefits Supporters & Users enjoy.
- Access to use the source of the closed source software and content I publish to Patreon.
- A a commercially permissible reuse license.
If this sounds good to you and motivates you to want to support me so that I can continue to create projects like these as well as to grow bigger and better, please consider supporting me over on Patreon.
Please Like, Comment & Share my posts with your friends and followers on social media.
If you would like to suggest a topic or project for an upcoming post feel free to contact me.